WarnerMedia nominated for 12 GLAAD Media Awards
Congratulations to all of the WarnerMedia nominees for the 30th annual GLAAD Media Awards. The GLAAD Media Awards recognizes media for fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer community – and the issues that affect their lives.
Outstanding Film - Wide Release
“Crazy Rich Asians” – Warner Bros.
Outstanding Individual Episode (in a series w/o a regular LGBTQ character)
Someplace Other Than Here “The Guest Book” – TBS
“Believer” – HBO
Outstanding Kids & Family Programming
- “Adventure Time” – Cartoon Network
- “Steven Universe” – Cartoon Network
Outstanding Variety or Talk Show Episode
- Mike Pence and ‘A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo’ “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver” – HBO
- NRA Problems, Chicken Bone Problems, Birmingham Problems “Wyatt Cenac's Problem Areas” – HBO
- Trans Rights Under Attack “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee” – TBS
Outstanding TV Journalism Segment
- Mississippi Town Denies Pride Parade “Vice News Tonight” – HBO
- Olympian Adam Rippon “New Day” – CNN
- Same-sex Couple Reacts to Supreme Court Ruling “CNN Tonight with Don Lemon” – CNN
Outstanding TV Journalism – Newsmagazine (Spanish-Language)
La primera escuela para niños transgénero de Chile “Nuestro Mundo” – CNN en Español
The GLAAD Media Awards ceremonies, which help fund GLAAD's work to accelerate LGBTQ acceptance, will be held in Los Angeles on Thursday, March 28, and in New York on Saturday, May 4. Check out the entire list of nominees here.