And the Nominees Are…
The Television Academy today announced the nominations for its 67th Emmy Awards. HBO lead the pack for the 15th consecutive year with more nominations than any other network – 126. Add 28 for Warner Bros., 13 for Turner, and five for Cinemax's The Knick, and Time Warner received a total of 172 Emmy nominations.
With too many to list, see the complete rundown. Here are the highlights:
- Game of Thrones led all nominees with 24 nominations, including Outstanding Drama.
- The HBO Miniseries Olive Kitteridge received 13 nominations.
- Bessie, the HBO Original Film starring Queen Latifah, received 12 nominations.
- Boardwalk Empire received 10 nominations.
- The Big Bang Theory received six nominations.
- The Voice received six nominations, including Outstanding Reality Competition Program.
- Gotham received four nominations.
- Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown received four nominations, including Outstanding Informational Series or Special.
- Cartoon Network programming received four nominations.
- CNN's The Sixties was nominated for Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Series
- Turner had four series – Adventure Time, Over The Garden Wall, Regular Show, and Robot Chicken – nominated for Outstanding Short-Format Animated Program
The 67th Emmy Awards will be telecast live from the Microsoft Theater on Sunday, September 20, at 8 p.m. ET.