Meet Joe Pera of Adult Swim’s ‘Joe Pera Talks with You’
Joe Pera, a mild-spirited choir teacher from Michigan, is bringing his subject matter expertise back to Adult Swim for season two of “Joe Pera Talks With You,” Friday, Dec. 6 at midnight ET. Pera’s soothing delivery mirrors that of “Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood” as he mentors the audience through glimpses of his minimalistic lifestyle.
Last season premiered with Joe presenting the importance of northern Michigan geology when a family of five mistakenly comes to make an offer on his antiquated home that isn’t even on the market. After days of deliberating with his basset hound, Gus, about the legal implications of misplaced relator signage and the nature of change through a long rock metaphor, Pera breaks the news to the family over an ice cream sundae.
Did you get all that?
Catch up on the first season to learn more about Joe Pera’s dry-humored formula for:
- Choosing your favorite Saturday morning breakfast
- Enjoying your annual post “Fall Loop” to memorialize your pumpkin
- Properly dancing by yourself at a co-worker’s wedding
- Getting back to sleep as a toothless 5-foot 1-inch hair thinning dubstep DJ from Delaware
- Reading church announcements through the excitement of The Who’s "Baba O’Riley"
- Babysitting your neighbor’s five-year-old daughter during New Year’s Eve
- Staying pest-free and finding love through Alberta’s Rat Control Program musical
- Thinking about the right things and your favorite cold weather sports
And for extra special credit:
Joe Pera Talks You to Sleep
Joe Pera Helps You Find the Perfect Christmas Tree
Check out the full video here.
Watch the trailer for season two here and await the return of Michigan’s friendliest teacher only on Adult Swim Friday, Dec. 6 at midnight.