New Partnerships Include State Bicycle Company, Teenage Engineering and Wizards of the Coast,
With Launches Timed to Debut of All-New Episodes on Adult Swim
As fans eagerly await the recently-revealed November 2019 return of Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty, Cartoon Network Enterprises (CNE) is announcing a robust lineup of new licensing and merchandising partnerships, which will launch throughout 2019. The pop culture phenomenon, which was awarded 2018’s Top License of the Year Award, continues to be a dominating force in both entertainment and consumer products.
With over 500 products launching this year alone, the 2019 LIMA Award-nominated property has expanded into new categories such as bicycles, custom jewelry and pet products, among others, most launching around the November premiere. CNE continues to focus on bringing Rick and Morty fans personalized products tied to their favorite episodes and events, creating unique and exciting ways for consumers to engage with the series beyond programmatic windows. The expansive release slate of consumer products showcases the reach of the show’s fandom through various categories including apparel, accessories, home decor, publishing, toys, games, electronics and more.
Key collaborations coming throughout 2019 include:
- King Ice – Considered the leading street wear jewelry brand in hip-hop culture, King Ice will bring Rick and Morty to life in a brand-new way. Offering the first-ever jewelry collaboration between the two brands, the collection will include 3D-designed iced out pendants and rings featuring the cast of characters, with an anticipated release in August 2019.
- MeUndies – Launching October 2019, the limited-edition MeUndies x Rick and Morty collection will be available in the brand’s softer-than-soft underwear and loungewear for men and women. This limited-edition fan art inspired design features hand-drawn, original artwork of the show’s iconic characters and beloved villains in one of MeUndies’ community’s most requested prints.
- Sprayground - The rebel backpack company with a commitment to counter culture expands its existing Adult Swim partnership with a collection of edgy, color-soaked bags inspired by the show.
- SilverPaw - Rick and Morty pet lovers will be able to express both their fandom for the series and passion for their furry companions with this first-time collaboration launching Fall 2019. The line will include dog and cat apparel, toys, collars, leashes, treats and more available in select retail stores across North America.
- State Bicycle Co. – Combining quality urban cycling with premium design, this Rick and Morty limited-edition collection will include bikes, jerseys and accessories including water bottles and bar tape. Products will be available in US and Canada at authorized dealers and on statebicycle.com with an anticipated launch in Q4 2019.
- Teenage Engineering - Emmy™ Award-winning producer Justin Roiland will step into the role of inventive mad scientist with Swedish consumer electronics company Teenage Engineering. Together, they created a limited-edition pocket operator (PO-137), a vocal synthesizer and sequencer with built-in microphone offering 8 different voice character sampling options, all voiced by Roiland himself plus custom Rick and Morty visuals for each. Other features of the operator include animated LCD display, folding stand, 120-seconds sample memory, alarm clock and much more. The pocket operator (check it out here) will be available online starting in July at rickandmorty.com & www.teenageengineering.com as well as available in store later this fall. It will be sold for $129.
- Wizards of the Coast – Dungeons & Dragons vs. Rick and Morty: Tabletop Roleplaying Game Adventure
The world’s greatest roleplaying game meets television’s most dysfunctional family! What could possibly go wrong? Coming this fall, D&D has partnered with Cartoon Network Enterprises to bring this boxed set blending the world of Dungeons & Dragons with the mad narcissistic genius of Rick Sanchez’s power-gaming sensibilities, and it includes everything a Dungeon Master needs to channel their inner mad scientist and run a rickrolling adventure for up to 5 players, levels 1-3.
Plus, the fan-favorite crossover comic mini-series continues with Rick and Morty™ vs. Dungeons & Dragons II: Painscape from Oni Press, Wizards of the Coast, IDW Publishing and CNE, with the first issue release on September 18 and 3 more issues to follow.
Once upon a game, Rick, Morty and the Smith family went on magical D&D adventures… now, magical D&D adventures are coming to Earth, and no one will survive the Painscape!
The world’s greatest role-playing game returns to plague the world’s most dysfunctional animated family! Fan-favorite dice-dependent Jim Zub (Samurai Jack, Savage Sword of Conan) re-teams up with Eisner-nominated cartoonist Troy Little (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Powerpuff Girls) to destroy Adult Swim’s pop culture juggernaut and the best-selling role-playing game that once used the term “THAC0.”
In addition to the Dungeons & Dragons comic book collaboration, Oni Press will reach another milestone with the release of issue #50 of the ongoing Rick and Morty comic book series on May 29. Just revealed last week, the landmark issue will include two very special variant covers of Rick and Morty creators and executive producers, Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland, from artist Julieta Colás. Issue #50 will be 49-pages in length, with 40 pages of story and a total of three covers.
Key Rick and Morty Collaborations
Already Released in 2019:
- Primitive Skateboarding - The Los Angeles-based skating company’s Rick and Morty partnership includes skateboards, apparel, accessories, stickers and more. See the complete line here.
- Stance - This is the first collaboration between Adult Swim and Stance, the US sock, underwear and t-shirt brand, launching a two-style Rick and Mortysock collection. One pair features Rick and Morty as space aliens while the second pair features the famous Szechuan Dipping sauce and nuggets.
- BlackMilk - The premier clothing brand known for standout printed apparel developed a global 19-piece collection that includes Rick and Morty inspired dresses, blouses, swimwear, t-shirts and more. See the complete collection here.
- Elevenparis - The Parisian read-to-wear streetwear brand gives fans a collection of t-shirts and hoodies, available internationally online and in brick-and-mortar Elevenparis stores across France.
- Diadora - The Italian athletic shoe, clothing and accessory company will release the second wave of its Rick and Morty collection which first debuted in November with a sold-out two sneaker pack
ABOUT CARTOON NETWORK ENTERPRISES
Cartoon Network Enterprises (CNE) is responsible for building consumer products and merchandising programs for a wide range of brands by securing and supporting long-term licensing partnerships across all categories. As the global branding and merchandising arm of Cartoon Network and Adult Swim, the division manages the consumer product programs for the networks’ award-winning original programming, brands and characters including Ben 10, Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, Steven Universe, The Amazing World of Gumball and We Bare Bears, as well as Rick and Morty on Adult Swim.
Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched in 2001, is Turner’s network offering original and acquired animated and live-action series for young adults. Airing nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), Adult Swim is basic cable’s #1 network with persons 18-34 and 18-49, and is seen in 94 million U.S. homes.
Cartoon Network Enterprises and Adult Swim are parts of WarnerMedia, a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.