Warner Bros. earns 12 Oscar nominations, 'Joker' leads with 11
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences revealed the nominees for the Oscars on Monday morning and WarnerMedia walked away with 12 of them.
Warner Bros. critically-acclaimed and record-breaking “Joker” earned the most nominations of any film with 11 nods, including “Best Picture” and “Actor in a Leading Role” for Joaquin Phoenix’s portrayal of the title character. Kathy Bates also earned a “Best Supporting Actress” nomination for her role in “Richard Jewell.”
The nominations for “Joker” come on the heels of two Golden Globes wins and two Critics Choice Awards for best actor and best original score. Joaquin Phoenix is also nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role” for “Joker.” Tune into the 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards this Sunday, Jan. 19, live on TNT and TBS, and see if “Joker” continues its reign this awards season.
Congratulations to all of our Oscar nominees below. The 92nd annual Academy Awards will be presented on Feb. 9 at 6:30 p.m. ET on ABC.
- Actress in a Supporting Role: Kathy Bates, “Richard Jewell”
- Costume Design: Mark Bridges, “Joker”
- Sound Mixing: Tom Ozanich, Dean Zupancic and Tod Maitland, “Joker”
- Sound Editing: Alan Robert Murray, “Joker”
- Original Score: Hildur Guðnadóttir, “Joker”
- Film Editing: Jeff Groth, “Joker”
- Cinematography: Lawrence Sher, “Joker”
- Makeup and Hairstyling: Nicki Ledermann and Kay Georgiou, “Joker”
- Adapted Screenplay: Todd Phillips and Scott Silver, “Joker”
- Actor in a Leading Role: Joaquin Phoenix, “Joker”
- Directing: Todd Phillips, “Joker”
- Best Picture: “Joker”